8 Pin mini Din male connector

Turkish

Hello,
I'm adding a HMI to a Micrologix 1200 and had intended to make my own cable. I'm not having much luck finding an 8 Pin mini Din male connector to attatch to the processor. I've checked Allied electronics and Newark electronics. They carry 8 Pin mini Din connectors, but they're not the same pin configuration. Hopefully, someone could point me in the right direction.
Thank you.
Turkish

The Doc is right, A-D's cables are the best for the money. Note that the 8-pin end is 90°, which is perfect for a ML1500, but I'm not sure where the keying pin is on a 1200. IOW, which way will the cable exit? 3, 6, 9, or 12 o'clock?

Though not as nice of a fit (see THIS THREAD), a standard Apple cable DOES work. If you're a glutton for punishment (and can solder on the molecular level), Allied sells 8-pin ends from Lumberg (742-1556). An easier solution is the Cinch ones from Allied (750-0234 and 750-0238). These come pre-wired on a length of cable.

beerchug

-Eric

Look a little closer at the mini-DIN receptacle on the Micrologix PLC's and you will notice the flat surface at the six o'clock position. Guess what that says; nay, screams out? You're right: PROPRIETARY!!!
Optimate had to spend about $8k to have the mold made so they could produce cables for their text messenger.
You won't find a plug like this on the open market. Your only solution is to buy one from the HMI manufacturer, if available, or A-B.
If the cable isn't long enough, you can make an extension cable and use a RJ11 cord coupler to hook the two together.

Look a little closer at the mini-DIN receptacle on the Micrologix PLC's and you will notice the flat surface at the six o'clock position. Guess what that says; nay, screams out? You're right: PROPRIETARY!!!
Optimate had to spend about $8k to have the mold made so they could produce cables for their text messenger.
You won't find a plug like this on the open market. Your only solution is to buy one from the HMI manufacturer, if available, or A-B.
If the cable isn't long enough, you can make an extension cable and use a RJ11 cord coupler to hook the two together.

bmac said:
...and use a RJ11 cord coupler to hook the two together

One note about couplers some may not know... There are two types; you need to use a "data coupler" rather than a standard telephone one. The telephone ones invert the wiring... utoh

beerchug

-Eric