AB Controllogix Devicenet Ascii

Unregistered

U
I am using an AB Controllogix Plc with a Devicenet scanner(AB) and 1734-232asc Devicenet Ascii modules. How do you determine "Channel" number for the Ascii modules when using Ascii Serial Port programming instructions?

The 1734-232ASC module does not act like a ControlLogix serial port. You do not use the ControlLogix ASCII instructions with it.

Instead, the module is treated as an I/O device, and you have the serial input and output data, as well as handshaking fields, mapped to the I/O data table of the 1756-DNB.

Similar Topics

Something i ran into that has me stumped, hopefully someone can explain. I have powerflex 70's connected to a L7 cpu using a 1788-en2dn. The...
Replies
Views
I am migrating an Allen-Bradley SLC based system to ControlLogix and need some help with DeviceNet addressing. The SLC system has a 1747-SDN and I...
Replies
Views
Devices had lost communication, upon checking PLC cabinet Device net was flashing E#78 n#1 thru 16 / 1756-en2t showed "cycle power to unit: assert...
Replies
Views
Hey folks What is the best online training to purchase for Control Logix and DeviceNet? I am not as proficient in those as I am RS 5 and RS 500...
Replies
Views
I am preping for an upgrade of our IFM ASi bus gatways that sit on a Devicenet string. I have 1 set up on a test rig in my office. Everything is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom