Copy screens in WinCC Flexible from one project to another

Supreame

Hello,

I am working on a project involving WinCC Flexible 2007 and Simatic STEP 7. The WinCC part is integrated in STEP 7 environment (as SIMATIC HMI Station). Now I have several versions of the project.
I want to move some WinCC screens form an older version of the project to a newer one, but for now it seems impossible. I tried to open both project versions of WinCC (they open in different windows interfaces) and copy a screen form one version to another - it doesn't work.
I also tried to copy the screens direct from STEP 7 environment - it also does not work.

How can this be done?

PS:I also want to copy some Scripts and Text Lists but I believe that the solution would be similar.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have not copied complete screens, but I have copied screen contents between projects. If there are text lists or similar in the copied screens, they get copied over as well.

Problem solved!
Yes you are wright. I don't know why did not worked before. I copied whole screens as well.
Thanks

Good.
Btw, you are aware that WinCC Flex creates duplicates of basically everything when copying between projects ?
You have to annoyingly remove duplicates and tidy up manually.
Just because it looks to go ok initially, all is not well.

JesperMP said:
Good.
Btw, you are aware that WinCC Flex creates duplicates of basically everything when copying between projects ?
You have to annoyingly remove duplicates and tidy up manually.
Just because it looks to go ok initially, all is not well.

Call the controllers the same and use replace to avoid duplicates!

Bratt said:
Call the controllers the same and use replace to avoid duplicates!
That sounds interesting.
In Protool you would really not get duplicates if the controllers had the same name. In WinCC Flex it creates duplicate connections, tags, lists etc. numbered _0, _1, _2 etc.

Can you shed some more insight ?

I don't have access to flexible at the moment but if i remember correctly just name the controllers the same in both projects use flat copy in the first project and use replace instead of paste in the other project. I'll try later.

I was wondering what that "Flat copy" was for.
But I dont understand how you use Replace, you would have to select something to replace, or what ? And how ?

If it works, it could elliminate one of Flexible's really obnoxious "features".

I always try to copy any new tags over before doing the flat copy. If you don't you may have to reset each tag for the items you copy.