Cannot Toggle, Set, or Reset Bits in ArchestrA

kk6mrp

I have a graphic that has 2 buttons for Automatic and Manual, each with pushbutton animations associated with them to toggle a bit in the PLC, one should set the bit, the other should reset the bit. It is definitely reading the bit as it updates when it is set manually. I did have it working for a minute but it went away as soon as it came. I have tried lowering the Max CIP Connections from 4 to 1 in the ArchestrA System Management Console as advised in another post I found with no luck, and am at a loss for what to try next. The scanrate is at 1000ms, and I've halved it but still with no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

0638.Untitled.png

That's what I have done, maybe the picture made it unclear. I am trying to use set and reset, but just to try and see if it works, I tried toggle

Have you checked the SMC log where the view app is running.? This would be your first clue.
Then check yr security model, I suspect it is to do wit that

That was easy then ;)

Looking at your graphics, it could be could be considered better practice to have each mode selector a common graphic template that is embedded, rather than repeating the same thing multiple times.
Not too mention that that technique reduces the margin for error as well!

Yes, that will be something to work on, this application has had many different contractors working on it for years now all adding/editing everything differently because there is no set standard and now it is somewhat of a mess and still no where near complete! So I have my work cut out for me :D

Unrelated, but how is it that the tag for your animation has periods in it? Every time I've used Wonderware, either ArchestrA or InTouch directly, periods are not allowed as tagnames. What DAServer are you using?

Unrelated, but how is it that the tag for your animation has periods in it? Every time I've used Wonderware, either ArchestrA or InTouch directly, periods are not allowed as tagnames. What DAServer are you using?
It is nothing to do with the DAS...
Archestra objects allow attributes like ‘function.manual’, so effectively you can have ‘tagname.function.manual’ for graphics animations as the OP as shown (y)