Modbus Simulation/Read Software Recommendation

John Marston

Hello All, I used to use DDE drivers to read my Modbus cards but Microsoft has deemed that to be unfit for the newer versions of Office. I need to get some new simulation software that can read Modbus over RTU/TCP-IP. I've looked at Simply Modbus and like its layout but it doesn't appear to let me look at each address at the bit level (coils). Do you guys have any Modbus software that you like using and would recommend?

Hello,

Would you please clarify? Are you asserting that some or all of MS Office 2016 (Excel, Word, etc.) does not DDE support?

Hello,

Would you please clarify? Are you asserting that some or all of MS Office 2016 (Excel, Word, etc.) does not DDE support?

No, I was meaning it isn't as easy as it used to be to poll data via DDE. I had some server softwares that worked great with excel 2003 but now it doesn't work at all. So, naturally I blamed Microsoft.

No, I was meaning it isn't as easy as it used to be to poll data via DDE. I had some server softwares that worked great with excel 2003 but now it doesn't work at all. So, naturally I blamed Microsoft.

OK, thanks.

I was about to install 2016 and no DDE would put a kink in the plans.