Magelis HMI to Danfoss FC102 Modbus

Andrew EPS

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, I want to connect a Schneider Magelis HMIS5T to a Danfoss FC102 via Modbus to display some values and just having some issues with the addressing. The Vijeo software allows for the Modbus driver to use addressing as 40001 + the offset. So if I am looking at DC Bus voltage parameter 16-29 I would assume address would be 40001 + 1629 = 41630. I've also seen suggestions it should be 16.29*1000 + 40001 = 56291 but this takes it outside the range 40001-49999. I'm not too good on this sort of thing but any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi, I have managed to access read parameters okay using the drives PCD read / write configuration which is simple enough to do from the Magelis in Vijeo Designer. If you understand what I mean so far, then my next problem is finding out how to send a drive start command using Vijeo as the control word needs several bits of a 16 bit string as 1 (e.g. coil 2,3,4,5, 6 and 10) before the drive can start. I cant seem to find out how to write this sort of command using the Variable options available in Vijeo Designer. The drive is seen in Vijeo Designer as a Modbus RTU Equipment device. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Thanks for your help I worked it out. Command is an integer so needed to create the variable that way. To start the drive, needed to send a control word from the switch in decimal. Therefore needed to convert the binary bits to decimal. Anyway it works so happy!