web enabled LCD display with WIFI?

kellian

looking for a device that I can connect to a Wifi network and display a web page.

so basically a tablet without all the other bloat software installed and no requirement to link to iTunes or Google play.

Any suggestions?

looking for a device that I can connect to a Wifi network and display a web page.

so basically a tablet without all the other bloat software installed and no requirement to link to iTunes or Google play.

Any suggestions?

Just get a tablet and take all the other bloat software off...

Just get a tablet and take all the other bloat software off...

Never really investigated how to strip all the pre-canned software off a tablet.
is it even possible?

I just need to turn on, connect to network and display a web page.

no security, no logons,

Never really investigated how to strip all the pre-canned software off a tablet.
is it even possible?

I just need to turn on, connect to network and display a web page.

no security, no logons,

Depends on what O/S....

Some useful stuff here. Read the comments about "rooting".

And the pic is my iPad displaying the web-page of my ethernet comms adapter, which has no security, no logons, etc.

2017-06-13 12.43.04.jpg

If all you want is a browser, you might want to look at either a chromebook or a tablet thin client.

Thanks will start reading.

If you "root" an android device, you can remove anything you want. What I usually do before buying a device is search it on XDA Developers forum to see what the difficulty is with modding it. Some devices are easier than others.

If you find an Android device and need any help with it, PM me.