GE RX3i 305CPU Energy pack issues

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
How long do these Energy Packs last?? I seem to be loosing them in about 2 years.
Are they be hot swapped? I would assume so...wouldn't you loose logic if power down to swap?

I don't recall the warranty period on these but there was an issue with the first batch, we replaced several then.
Contact GE with the serial numbers to see if a no-cost replacment can be obtained. Yes, you can and should hot swap these.
They do have diagnostics also that should show up in the CPU fault table.

Are these the latest version that snap onto a DIN rail or the older version that attach to the side of the power supply module? I had numerous failures of the old style and when they failed I had to replace both the energy pack and the CPU module. Fortunately all failures were under warranty.

They are old style...
When did the din-rail mount units show up??
I ordered a couple of RX3i systems with 305CPUs a couple of months ago, and they also were clip on style.
You actually had to change both energy pack and CPU?

Status light blinking on 3 units.

I just installed an upgrade from a 90-30 to Rx3i in May. I got the new energy packs with them. The energy pack was included with the CPU module as part number IC695CPK330. The description for that part number was "Rx3i CPE330 with energy pack". There is a separate data sheet for the energy pack, but I don't have a copy of it with me.
On two occasions in 2013 or 2014 I had the energy pack fail. Even though there was an IC695ACCxxx number for the energy pack, the local distributor told me the only way to get a warranty replacement was to replace the CPU module and the energy pack as a single unit. I don't think there was any technical reason they had to be replaced together. I believe the reason was that the distributor wasn't able to obtain a stand-alone energy pack under warranty at the time. That may have changed later.

Edit:
According to the IP GFK-2940A, the IC695ACC402 energy pack is only compatible with the CPE330. For the CPE305 or CPE310 the energy pack part number is IC695ACC400.

Last edited: