Controlling dc motor using plc

sramaraju

Hi,
I need to be able to control the DC motor with below details;
I need a power supply with variable output = 8VDC to 18 VDC and be able to vary the output in 0.1VDC increments
Power Supply would be 24VDC
And also measure the Current & Distance travelled by the motor?

Please suggest any ideas?

Thanks in advance

You don't want a power supply, you want a DC drive or DC motor driver circuit board. What's the motor FLA? Do you need to excite a field or is it a PM motor? Require field weakening? Have a resolver or encoder?

What kind of DC drive (Any Particular Model)?
Motor FLA- 3A
It is a PM Motor.
Doesn't need field awakening
It doesn't have a resolver or an encoder. Its a little Dc Motor mounted on a part.
Thanks for your reply.

To measure the current continuously on what would be the best option? Current measuring transducer to Analog Input Card on PLC and to measure the distance Can I use a Position LVDT?