Failed to upload???

Pat200

Hello
Having issues going online with a 1768-L43S CLX 5343S PLC.....I'm using V20.04....After attempting an upload I keep getting the following errors

Uploading all 'AOI_PF_525_EENET' Routines...
Uploading routine 'Logic'
Uploading add-on instruction 'LOST_NAME_0338_b40a_0000_0000'
Uploading all 'LOST_NAME_0338_b40a_0000_0000' Parameters and Local Tags...
Uploading all 'LOST_NAME_0338_b40a_0000_0000' Routines...
Uploading routine 'Logic'
Error: LOST_NAME_0338_b40a_0000_0000: An unexpected error occurred.
Error: Failed to upload add-on instructions(s).
Complete - 2 error(s). 0 warning(s)

Any advice would be great.........Thanks, Pat

Any solution to this? I am having the same error when uploading. version 20.04.

Hi and welcome to the forum!!
In looking at the previous post, a guess would be that there are errors in the AOI. I would first run a controller verify to see if there are no errors and then be sure each routine that uses that AOI has no errors and no errors in the AOI. When error-free I believe it will upload fine. Hope this helps.

Hi and welcome to the forum!!
In looking at the previous post, a guess would be that there are errors in the AOI. I would first run a controller verify to see if there are no errors and then be sure each routine that uses that AOI has no errors and no errors in the AOI. When error-free I believe it will upload fine. Hope this helps.

The controller verifies with 0 errors. No errors or warnings when verifying the AOIs.

Just for some more detail, I can go online with the project just fine. It is only during an upload that I get these errors.

Looks like it is losing the name of my AOIs as well?
Capture.PNG

The controller verifies with 0 errors. No errors or warnings when verifying the AOIs.

Just for some more detail, I can go online with the project just fine. It is only during an upload that I get these errors.

Looks like it is losing the name of my AOIs as well?
View attachment 58443

I've had it happen where it will compile and yet there are errors. What I've done is verify each routine by right clicking on it in the Controller Organizer but not opening it. Then select verify and the routine that has errors will show. Then you can open that routine and find the errors. I think it's a bug but what do I know. Hope this helps you.

I've had it happen where it will compile and yet there are errors. What I've done is verify each routine by right clicking on it in the Controller Organizer but not opening it. Then select verify and the routine that has errors will show. Then you can open that routine and find the errors. I think it's a bug but what do I know. Hope this helps you.

I have verified each AOI and routine as well, still no errors. Thanks for your help though. I'm wondering if it is a version issue since the original poster had the same version and rev level as I do. I wonder if it was saved at a higher rev level by another user and now I am having problems at the lower 24.04. Just a theory and not sure how to test/fix.

A few years ago I received a machine running v20 that when I uploaded with 20.04 the upload would fail and rslogix would crash. I don't remember the exact error, but upgrading my software to 20.05 resolved the issue.