Java MotionView Onboard in Win 10 64bit will it Work?

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does MotionView Onboard software run in Windows 10

I keep getting Unable to Launch the Application.
I have put the IP address of the Kinetix300 drive in the Java Console Exception Site List.
I’ve tried two different Computers, and neither of them work.

I have an old laptop with XP on it that the MotionView works, but I really like to use the same computer where RSLogix resides.

MotionViewDenied.PNG

I received a reply from Tech support on this.
"MotionView is Java based. We do have some issues with the latest versions of Java and MotionView.

Java 8.131 and Java 8.141 are currently not compatible with MotionView. You want Java 8.121 or lower for MotionView.

See KB Doc 1044877"

I reverted JAVA to 8.121, and it's all good. (y)

For all of these reasons, I personally avoid anything Java like the plague, and advise others to do the same.

I have to keep a very insecure/outdated version of Java 6 to program our PBX system...won't work with 7 or 8. Never had anything but trouble on anything Java, and while Sun/Oracle has always like to tout that it approaches native compiled speed, I've found that to be total BS.

Java and .NET are cancer.

Mine is finally working with Windows 10, Java 8.102 using FireFox browser. I am not too sure why IE isn't working but so far I am relieved its useable.

Not sure about IE, but I know Edge (the default Win 10 browser) doesn't support the java plugin at all.