PI Systems

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone been exposed to PI System by Osisoft?
Supposedly archives PLC data to a SQL database. Just wondering if is an open database, MSSQL or a custom one.

Pi doesn't use SQL for data storage. However, i believe it does have an interface allowing you to query historical data that makes it appear like a SQL database.

Pi is a lot more than just a historian. It is really designed to capture data from multiple sources and in the right hands, turn it into useful information.

I would strongly recommend the week long training course if you're being tasked with implementing Pi.

Pi doesn't use SQL for data storage. However, i believe it does have an interface allowing you to query historical data that makes it appear like a SQL database.

Pi is a lot more than just a historian. It is really designed to capture data from multiple sources and in the right hands, turn it into useful information.

I would strongly recommend the week long training course if you're being tasked with implementing Pi.

Thanks,
but not implementing it but have a customer asking if Ignition can get data from the PI systems SQL database.
I get the feeling Osisoft would not publish credentials to allow a connection.