Communication PLC5 to SLC500?

asteroide

Hello Friends

I need to share some bits between a PLC 5/30 and a 5/04 CPU through DH+.*

Is it possible? How can I do that? With MSG instruction?
Thanks a lot.

MSG 'PLC5 Typed Read' in the SLC application and MSG 'SLC Typed Read" in the PLC5 application.

You could do both Read and Write in either application , however, make sure you are properly documenting, especially the Write MSG.

MSG 'PLC5 Typed Read' in the SLC application and MSG 'SLC Typed Read" in the PLC5 application.

You could do both Read and Write in either application , however, make sure you are properly documenting, especially the Write MSG.

Just to make it crystal clear....

You only need one MSG instruction....

You can READ from another PLC into where you want the data to appear.

Or you can WRITE data to another PLC where you want the data to appear.

My preference, and shared by many, is that you use READ messages, because it gives you traceability, i.e. you can always look up where the data is coming from.

Another option is "Global Status Word" in the SLC or "Global Status Flag" in the PLC5.

See pdf's for more info.

Also try to write/ read, to/ from the same address in both plcs.
It may use up memory when you have a lot of plc talking to each other but when it comes to faultfinding it is sure easier to find the same bit address in the relevant plcs.
when I used to work for pepsico we had a large network of plc commmunicating on DH+ and i used set blocks of bits for each plc to plc comms.
eg B30:0 to B30: 10 was for comms from fryer to infeed.