clean way to make the red error light go out

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a program and I don't want to have 3 programs.
Depending on the options, not all customers will use all 4 analog inputs.
I would like to have just one program and leave the 4 analog input channels configured.
But i don't want the red error light on the analog card to be on if they aren't using all 4.
can i just put a resistor on the input?
tech support said this wouldn't work.
I can't see why it wouldn't.

What analog input level? It would probably be useful to tell people what PLC and input you have.

I have a program and I don't want to have 3 programs.
Depending on the options, not all customers will use all 4 analog inputs.
I would like to have just one program and leave the 4 analog input channels configured.
But i don't want the red error light on the analog card to be on if they aren't using all 4.
can i just put a resistor on the input?
tech support said this wouldn't work.
I can't see why it wouldn't.

Just configure your inputs to be 0-20mA and do the 4mA detection in software.

you retarded. but retarded cool

Thank you. Most people don't appreciate the effort that I put into acting stupid, but remaining employable.

Of course, the snappy banter was just a distraction while we wait for you to let us know about your hardware...

As for your own suggestion, I can't see why a resistor wouldn't work. But then again, a spec sheet can be very informative...

how are the Inputs configured?
the Cards can according to Google:
Voltage ±10V, ±5V, 0 to 10V, 0 to 5V and 1 to 5V
Current 0...20mA, 4…20mA and ±20mA

if your are using 4-20 mA, then the best way is to configure it to 0-20mA (like Saffa already said) and enable it by the HMI/Software.

Yes, you can put a resistor between 24V and your input. For example 24V/10mA = 2400 Ohms, and the AIN- to GND.

Last edited:
If you have a current sensor you can, depending on how you have your logic, put both inputs in series.
Both will read the same value and avoid the LED light. The issue is really making sure that your logic disregards the 4th input if it's not supposed to be used.