Logix5000 to 1747-ASB Setup

AJGS

I have 2 X 17 slot chassis connected with EN2T cards

In Chassis 1 there is a 1756-L71 in slot 0 and a DHRIO in slot 1 + other cards

The program was converted from PLC5 and I am confused how/why it generated the IO in the remote SLC rack.

The remote rack is a 7 Slot chassis with a 1747-ASB plus
Slot 0 Empty
Slot 1 8 Analog in Card
Slot 2 8 Analog output card
Slot 3 8 Relay Output card
Slot 4 8 Output Control Chief Watchdog Card
Slot 5 Control Chief Remote control communications card

The Rack is configured as 10 Octal and the cards in the old system as
Slot 0 Empty
Slot 1 I:101
Slot 2 O:102
Slot 3 O:103
Slot 4 O:104
Slot 5 O:105

When the conversion utility was run, it generated eg,slot 4 as O[68]. The confusing bit is the 68 from 104. 104 decimal = 68 Hex, but I still don't understand why those numbers

In the program O[68].0 is on, however the output on the remote rack is not. the RUN on the Adapter is on and the DHRIO card is happy with a Green LED on for RIO.

Anyone can shed some light on this?

thanks
AJGS

The PLC5/ControlLogix conversion utility is nice to have, but leaves a lot to be desired if the original program used RIO. There's likely tags for the RIO inputs and outputs in your generated program, but look closer- are there RIO devices in the controller organizer? You need to populate the RIO racks yourself and tie the tags to the appropriate addresses. In a large RIO installation the conversion utility does about 5% of the work, the rest is on you...

Well. Half the problem solved.
I originally set up the DHRIO as RIO on channel A but changed it to channel B and did not change the message instruction to reflect the change.

Now all the modules in the rack that use BTR and BTW are ok but the 2 discrete modules do not turn on the outputs that the program is turning on.

It appears to me the O[67] and O[68] that the converter generated are not actually configured to the output cards.

In the program I try to force O[67].1 and right click the Force On or Off is greyed out

Following on from AutoMax's advice the IO modules were there but it looks like it as he says and the tags aren't connected to the IO but I can't work out how to do that without knowing the address.

AJGS
Thanks AJGS

Ok, here's a screenshot that might help. In the controller organizer you can see a 1756-DHRIO and beneath it are the configured RIO racks. One of the racks is called Rack_2, and you can see the tags associated with it in the controller tags.

RIO_pic.jpg