Hot Swapping In Et-200s

altaf_hussain

Hi, I am having an issue of hot swapping in ET-200S.
Is it possible in ET-200S any body have an idea?
If yes what software/hardware required for it.

thanks

I have a distributed i/o setup of ET-200S i.e. connected with cpu313-2dp via profibus.If I remove any card from ET-200S rack then my complete bus become faulty.This is my problem.

My client want hot swapping in PLC setup means in online if I remove any ET-200S PLC card from bus then only this card i/o not work and all sysytem will work as usual and If I will again insert this card in online then this card i/o starts working.

If the "complete bus" is faulty (what makes you say this ?), then the plc will not communicate with any ET200 stations and hence it does not make sense for your system to work as "usual".

You haven't mentioned what the CPU does when the bus is faulty.