Need to run (or transfer license ) FT View Studio 6 on my XP Virtual Machine

Eoghan

Need to run (or transfer license ) FT View Studio 6 on my XP Virtual Machine

Morning.
Have old FT View projects that were created in 32 bit OS under FTView 5.

Am running 64 bit OS Win 7 with FT View 6 & I need to open these older projects. One method is to run XP in 64bit VM machine load the FT View old files there, FT View automatically converts and then save them. They are now compatible to be read by my Win 7 FTView 6.

My trial license for XP FTView 6 has expired. How do I rehost a Win 7 FTView License into XP VM to allow me open and convert older files?

I'm slightly confused, you are saying you can't read a 32 bit OS FTview 5 program, by opening it in a 64 bit OS FTview 6? As far as l know that is only an OS bit issue and not a FTView issue. If you can convert them in 64 bit under XP, you should be able to open the older version 5 in 6 in Win7 64 bit. Re license, you will be able to go into FT manager and transfer a license as the licenses l don't think cares what OS bit system you are using( if you do have the licenses in FT manager). If still struggling send me a PM and l might be able to help.

Am I correct in stating this these are Factory Talk View ME files?

You can set your computer (host machine) to be an Factory Talk activation server, any VM can become a client. Your host machine will then share your licenses with your VM's.

Am I correct in stating this these are Factory Talk View ME files?

You can set your computer (host machine) to be an Factory Talk activation server, any VM can become a client. Your host machine will then share your licenses with your VM's.
Hello Paully,
Thanks for reply.
yes my FT View files are ME.
Have you a link / thread that explains I how configure my current Win 7 machine such that it's a FT Activation Server whose licenses can be viewed & shared to my VM XP Client?