Panelview firmware card in VMware issue

JZerb

Had to make a Panelview firmware upgrade usb stick this week in Windows 7 running in VMWare and every time right at the end of the firmware upgrade wizard it would pop an error when trying to create the autorun file on the usb stick. If I pointed the firmware wizard to a folder on the desktop it would create the file just fine then I would cooy and paste it onto the usb stick and all was well. Just curious if anyone else has run across this issue?

I've not had that one specifically, but as a general rule I always make sure I only ever work with files on the local hard drive with FTView. Network or external drives tend to throw unexpected and often misleading errors. I think my favourite was when trying to restore an application using Application Mangler...sorry, Application Manager, from a network drive. Well, actually, the "network drive" was actually just the shared folder between my host and my VM - it was still on the same physical drive - but the VM interpreted it as a network drive. The error message I got was "file is not a valid archive file".
It most certainly was a valid archive file - I moved it to the desktop and it restored fine. Ever since I've just made a habit of copying to and from the desktop when working with FTView files. Makes for less hair loss.