CCW version 11 HSC native instructions

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to use CCW version 11's built-in HSC instructions as opposed to the UDFBs of older versions. Other than the CCW help files, I can't see any documentation on their use. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm using an encoder on a measuring wheel to get a length count. I'm planning on using mode 9 - quadrature x4 (in the config of the 2080-MOT-HSC plug-in module).

It looks like I need to use the HSCE_CFG instruction to configure the counter and the HSCE instruction to get an accumulator value out, as a minimum. I'm not using the PLS functionality so won't need HSCE_CFG_PLS. Are there any compelling reasons to use the HSCE_READ_STS & HSCE_SET_STS read & set status instructions?

Do I need to use the Developer edition of CCW to use this functionality or will the Standard edition give me what I need? I was thinking I needed Developer as the instructions make use of the HSCE_CHANNEL data type but it appears to be built-in.

I've downloaded and installed the v11-specific user manuals & sample code and the user manual makes no mention of the HSCE instructions and all the sample code is using the earlier UDFBs. Any ideas?

In the end I had to admit defeat and use the UDFBs to talk to the HSC. I knew I'd gone as far as I could go when I called the Micro800 free help line and they said they didn't have any information on how to use the CCW v11 native instructions :) 🍻

Personally, I go to the RA site and use the available download called
"UDFB for MICRO 800 Counter Mode 0"

Its the simplest HSC instruction they have. Start, Stop counts, Initial and max values and a reset function.

The project I just finnished uses 2 of these counters looking at one encoder.

You do not need the Developer edition to add this UDFB, it comes with a sample piece of code as well.

In this project I used the built in HSC on the Micro850 but it will work with the 2080-HSC_MOT plug in as well if your using the Micr820.

UDFB for MICRO 800 Counter Mode ERROR Error 1 Within the "1:Micro820" resource, the "HSC_CORE" parameter of the "HSC_Mode0" POU has an undefined type. 1 1 Controller , HSC_CORE undefined data ,
What type of data is it?