siemens cpu 314

kamaroman68

Hi guys... been a very long time since I've posted...

I have a few machines here from the Czech republic that came with siemens plcs in them. Unfortunately with these older machines we do not have the program. I have a licensed copy of the step 7 software but my question is... am I able to upload the program from this controller? Unfortunately we are an Allen Bradley company so my experience with siemens is little to none. Thanks for looking.

Chris

Hi Chris

You should be able to upload as long as they are not password protected, if they are I THINK you will need the password, you should try and contact the manufacturer to see if you can get the program because you will not get the descriptions if you just upload

Its worth a try and can not hurt to try and upload from them

please know that you will not get any symbol data from the PLC. so it will be difficult to read the program.