Danfoss VLT 5000 Parameter Download

IPC_Adam

Hello,

I am trying to get all of the parameters backed up for our 12 Danfoss VLT 5000 drives. We are upgrading to FC-302 drives and I would like to get a list of parameters off of our existing VLT 5000s. I use AB Drive tools and am familiar with going onto the control net and just downloading the parameters from our Power Flex 70s....... but Siemens has to be different.

The drives are on Profibus and I see that there is a serial port when you disconnect the LCP. How can I download the parameters to a file or a view-able text to print out?

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread in February.

Actually it's quite simple.

The Serial port behind the LCP is for the LCP only!

There is a USB port below (where the terminals are placed) this one can be used to download the parameters to and from the drive - Using the MCT10 tool from Danfoss.

Link:

http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas/DrivesSolutions/Software+MCT10/MCT10+Downloads.htm

It's free if you don't need the full capabilities.

It is also possible to use terminal 68 and 69, the are used for RS485 communication.

AND since this original question was about Profibus, it's also possible to use the MCT10 tool through profibus.

Michal_dk

Hi Michal,
We are using Danfoss Drive VLT5000 series in out site currently i am trying to take Parameter backup using Using USB to RS 485 serial converter

1. I installed the driver of Serial converter cable

2. configured the COM port settings in serial Under Network path in MCT10 software with Baud rate 9600, Parity as none and 1 stop bit.

3.after configuring i tried to scan for available drives in the bus but i recieve the error entered below

The following errors occurred :

Scanning bus for active drives..
ERROR: Communication package failure when trying to identify drive at address 1
ERROR: Communication package failure when trying to identify drive at address 97
ERROR: Communication package failure when trying to identify drive at address 98
126 drive(s) responded to scan.
Identifying drive(s)..
ERROR: Communication package failure when trying to identify drive at address 99

Please advise where to correct to establish the communication with Drive(VLT 5000) through MCT 10 software.