Rockwell Lisence file (.wdf)

Marcell

Does anyone have an idea what is the program that is used to take this 'image' and restore it on a stiffy again. I use HD_COPY but that use a .img file.

I do, but...

It's a program that someone has used to probably make a legitimate, LEGAL, backup copy of their master disk.

If you are that person you should know what program was used.

If not, I'd tend to think you were trying to obtain an illegal copy of the software.

It is LEGAL. The person that made the copies had left and now there laptop had a bad day at the office and decided that it is time to crash. Now the only thing they have left is the cd's and on them is this files.

I know you said:

... the only thing they have left is the cd's ...

BUT ... is there a chance that the original "Master Disk" (3.5" floppy) is hidden away in a desk drawer somewhere? ... IF (big if) the original master disk is still available, you should call up Rockwell Technical Services and get a "reset code" ... this will "reload" the Master Disk so that you can use it to "activate" the Rockwell software on your new computer ... note: you can also do this on the Rockwell website if your "support contract" is up to date but you MUST have the original Master Disk to proceed ...

personally I trust you ... but your situation brings up the question: if YOU don't have the original Master Disk, then who DOES have it? ...

Thank you. There set of Master Disks are with there IT Department. And those bastards think production are there to support them instead of the other way around. The software that were used to create the image is called WinDupe. That was also on the CD's.

Regards!

p.s. Enjoy the weekend!

I've been using a program called "DiskFactory" for about 4 years to make backup copies of my Master Disks. Works great. You can buy that at DiskFactory.com.

I recently switched over to RsMaster though, since it allows me to install activation on 'puters without a floppy. Awesome investment. You can find that at lrwsystems.com.

Generally, I'll make a backup of my live keys, and then lock them away and use the backups for Activation. That way when my PC dies, I've still got my keys.

Hope that helps...