1769 SDN Scanner Error Code 91

minaykha

Dear All,

I am using Compact Logix PLC, 1769 SDN scanner with 52 slave devices for my network.

Now,I am facing with a problem in my DeviceNet Network.

When i power up the system from black out condition ( initial power up ),scanner show the error code 91.

It happen only sometime like random.

When i shut down the power again and restart, then was ok.

My customer want me to make sure not to happen this in future.

I can't figure out what is the root cause and i got no idea how to solve the problem.

Can anyone give me some suggestion ?
Thank You.

Make sure your Bus voltage is on before bringing up the SDN.

I have not done this so just a thought. Delay the scanner from going into run until the DeviceNet power supply has came up and running. Is the power supply DeviceNet compliant? If the power supply is slow to startup and the scanner goes into run it could see the bus low.

Dear Jeff,

Thank for your advice.

I will use delay timer for Command Register Run to make sure Bus voltage is on before bringing up the SDN.
m8YDaSWxn+VTu+GtBDKNB9JKAoucr2js07dhEosVWyTQBPOAADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFADKFgB+kCS2IM6Vw6AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

The Bus Off error (code 91) can happen whether the scanner is communicating or not.

Jeff Kiper identified the most likely problem; the supply voltage has to go from zero to full voltage (24V DC) within 250 milliseconds when the system is powered up.

53 nodes is a large DeviceNet network. Is it using a single power supply ? It's very easy to break the +24V bus and split the network among multiple power supplies.

Dear Ken,

Yes, it is using single power supply. Is it wrong design ?

How does people design normally ? Any suggestion ?
Thank.