PV data

paneltech

I thought I had better start a new message, my old one has turned into an AB kicking post!!!

Firstly, thanks to all you guys who have helped me with this project. I have now got communication between PV and logix controller, I can program the PV and the controller using the same (DH485) network, my main sequential code is working fine and I am able to sleep at night. I have one last problem which I have assumed is a data mismatch problem between the PV and the controller.

In the PV I have set up a number of push buttons, all of which have been set for bit data. I have given each a tag name and have given each an address. The address syntax I have used is B20:10/1....B20:10/15 and B20:11/1....B20:11/7.

In the logix controller, I have mapped these addresses by using file number 10 and mapped it to pv_data1 and file number 11 and mapped it to pv_data2. These 2 tags have been set as DINT data types in the controller. I have assumed that pv_data1.1 will correspond to B20:10/1, pv_data1.2 will correspond to B20:10/2 etc and in the same way, pv_data2.1 will correspond to B20:11/1 and so on. For test purposes, I have written a small test ladder which has pv_data.* as an input interogation connected directly to an output to enable me to see if all is working ie I press a button on the PV and an output turns on. When I connect the PV to the controller, all the outputs that are included in my ladder turn on and I get 2 different messages on the PV. If I try to press a push button I get 'unable to write to the remote device'. The error code is 208. At the top of the screen I get a very brief flash of 'requested node not found' (or something similar, you get about half a second to read it).

Have I made some blundering error in the way I have set up the tags and mapping or is there something else that I have missed?????

John

Sorry, its easy to forget that when I'm sitting here at midnight, some of you guys are just getting in from work!