How to count pulses from encoder

vidy_9

Hi Everyone!

i'm a newbie to PLC And i have a question, How do i count pulses from a encoder giving positional feedback? my plan is to use this pulses thats received to the PLC which in return will control a driver which controls the stepper motor.

Does anyone have any solutions to this/any programming examples for me to add a Counter Into PLC to count pulses received from encoder.
(I am using a absolute rotary encoder)

Thank you :site:

No one will give you an example without knowing which PLC you are using.

Generally, with a pulse encoder you either use a counter input or a dedicated input card. These will then give you a decimal value of pulses received. From the encoder, you should be able to work out the relationship between encoder pulse and distance/movement and do your math.

No one will give you an example without knowing which PLC you are using.

Generally, with a pulse encoder you either use a counter input or a dedicated input card. These will then give you a decimal value of pulses received. From the encoder, you should be able to work out the relationship between encoder pulse and distance/movement and do your math.

sorry for the missing info!
i am currently using a mitsubishi FX3U-32 module PLC