Help Me! FactoryTalk View Displays

Angel Vela

Hi, I'm trying to create a display that funtions like ALARMS displays, but I need that this display apears with an TAG's conditions, I'm dont know how to do this.:confused:

This display would had a banner that I need to show in many displays.

Thanks.

To Display the Tags current value in a Message. You need to use Insert Variable Option.

Search for this manual: Rockwell Automation Publication - VIEWME-UM004M-EN-E Chapter 24> Use Embedded Variables

Insert Variable.PNG

I did not explain myself well.
I have a PV of 640x480px, and I need a smaller screen of some 250x480px that will contain a banner and buttons that I need to appear above the current screen.
My reference was that I want it to work like the ALARMS, INFORMATION, etc. screen. since they are activated when an event happens. It is what I want to do for that screen that I want to create, but for it to appear it will have to be with TAG conditions. No need for a "GoTo" button.

Use a Pop-Up display of an 'On Top' type; specify the intended size in pixels.

Under the Behavior tab enter the Startup and Shutdown macros which contain the logic required for the display to appear and disappear.

In Startup input, Can I enter expression TAGs? like:

({[MJD_F&PT]Prueba_Corriendo} == 0) AND ({[MJD_F&PT]Diferencial_Cont_Intentos.ACC} ==2) AND ({[MJD_F&PT]Prueba_Corriendo_Valv} == 1)

Or what kind of conditions do I have to write?
I introduced the previous expression and it did not work

Startup and Shutdown Macro's under Display Settings will not open or close a screen. They are run when that screen opens or closes.

You need to use Global Connections > Display Tab > Remote Display Number and Close On Top Display.
Global Connection.PNG

Give each Display a unique number then assign an analog tag to Identify which screen to open. After the screen opens you must return the analog tag back to 0 to give control back to the operator. To do this create a macro to set analog tag to 0.
Reset Open Screen.PNG

Then assign this macro to your On-Top Display Startup Macro.
Display Settings.PNG

If you want to automatically close the On-Top Display you have to populate Close On Top Display tag with the Display number. This tag should also be returned to 0 to operate each cycle. As shown in the Macro above.