AD DL06 programming help

Terry,

A few weeks ago I submitted a proposal to correct a 65% error rate on an assembly cell. With about 6 changes to the cell they could have maybe a 3% error rate. The cost of the corrections would have been paid off in a month or so by the increased production rate. The life expectancy of the product is about 3-4 years. The production people were ready to go, but management seems to be rather trepidatious about the whole thing. Life goes on...
There are political realities we all must deal with from time to time. I run into this frequently. The issue here (I think), is the mgt. needs to see that the shear project can be done successfully by the people doing it. Once they see the shear in action, they can build on it from there. Small steps..

I run into that all of the time. Many times a person has to work with what they have, even if it doesn't make sense. It sure is frustrating but I look at it as a challenge!

:site: