Rslogix5000 v15.56 wall clock

shkoko2000

Dear sir,
Hope you are well,
I need to convert controller clock to 24hr format at rslogix5000 ver15.56 what can i do

The ControlLogix Wall Clock Time has always been 24-hour format.

Version 15, and the Redundancy firmware bundle, are not an exception.

There were significant changes in v16 and later firmware regarding time zones and Daylight Saving Time.

But the value of the Hours element in the Wall Clock Time can be between 0 and 23. It has always been that way.

If you are looking at some object other than the Wall Clock Time, please tell us more about your application.

No i try to change am/pm to 24 hour foemat but no option for that for this version (15.05) how can i slove this probelm

can you post a screen-shot of the settings that you're trying to change? ... it would also be a good idea to post your ENTIRE project file (.ACD extension) ... you'll have to zip it first (forum rule) ...

are you using a GSV instruction to send the WALLCLOCKTIME into a DINT[7] array? ...

Last edited:
If this is an existing project is it possible that in the PLC it is doing the AM/PM calculation after reading the clock with the GSV?

Do a Find All on the hour tag for the 12 hour time and see if it is written somewhere in the program, if it is then see what the GSV is written to and use that.

The fact that TimeArray[3] has a value of 14 should be proof that your clock is in 24-hour format. If it were in 12-hour format, it could only have values between 0 and 11.

I can see why you think that the Hour value must be set to 6 twice per day if the totalizer resets twice per day. But it's not because the wall clock is in 12-hour mode.

Your project does have an MVI56-AFC flow computer module, which appears to have a clock of its own that is written to the ControlLogix clock under certain conditions.

It's my guess that the ControlLogix wall time clock is being reset by the Flow Computer at some point during the day, which is why 06:00 appears to come more than once.

You're going to have to read and understand that MVI56-AFC logic to figure out why it's being used to set the ControlLogix wall time clock.