Exporting routine from v. 24.01

Hi,
Hoping you all may be able to steer me in the right direction (disclaimer: i'm not a plc programmer). Some of our guys using v. 24 on a WIN 10 x64 machine cannot export routines, but the issue is not consistent. I have installed it on several machines and it works but others, with the same configuration, it does not (the save dialog box will not appear). From what I gather, Rockwell will not support v24 on WIN 10, but what is odd, it does work on some machines.

I've installed some VM's with WIN 7 for some folks, but that has it's own set of issues (basically, they don't like it.)
Keeping the machines on WIN 7 is not really an option, as corporate directive is to upgrade all machines to WIN 10.

I have had limited success in the oft recommended uninstall all rockwell and reinstall, but was wondering if there were any settings I could check or any workarounds anyone is aware of to get exporting routines working in v.24 on win 10?

thank you!

DISCLAIMER: I can't answer your questions about why "some work - some won't" ...

but here's something that I'd try first if I were in your shoes ...

install version 24.04 (instead of version 24.01) and see if that helps ... there were some "issues" with 24.01 that were SUPPOSEDLY corrected with 24.04 ...

another "work around" that SOMETIMES works - is to do a "Save As" operation (instead of just Save) and set the file type as .L5K (instead of .ACD) ... L5K files are usually more "flexible" to deal with when it comes time to change from one version to another ...

if none of this helps, you might want to provide more detail about your statement:

cannot export routines

personally I'm not 100% sure that I know what you're trying to accomplish ... I'm assuming (gosh I hate that word) that you're trying to save the ACD project files ... the more detail you can provide in your questions, then the more detail we can provide in our answers ...

on another subject:

Keeping the machines on WIN 7 is not really an option, as corporate directive is to upgrade all machines to WIN 10.

let's don't get started on the horror stories involved with that particular subject right now ... let's just say that there are some corporations (names withheld to protect the guilty) whose maintenance departments have a secret stash of computers hidden away from the IT department's prying eyes ... some run DOS (with a REAL honest-to-goodness serial port) ... some run Windows XP (and support PCMCIA communications cards) ... and so on - and so on ... for now, let's just say that some "corporate directives" need to come to grips with "reality" in order to keep the company's machinery running ...

welcome to the forum ... hope this helps ... good luck with your project ...

Last edited: