AB Software

UK Homer

Hi Folks

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I am looking for some software so as I can suck the program out of a AB PLC5 and print it out. I would prefer free software or time limited as this plc is going to be replaced with a siemens S7 315 DP2 CPU as at the moment the AB unit only controls a very small part of the M/C and the rest is done by contactors relays and locking relays (Very OLD Steam POWERED CONTROL SYSTEM) and all I want to be able to do is print it out so I can convert that program and incorporate it in the program for the new S7 CPU and as we have no other AB units on site it dosen't make sense to buy the AB software.

Any help would be much appreciated

You won't find it, Homer. PLC-5s are big, expensive, powerful controllers and their software matches in scope and price.

Hire somebody who works on A-B all the time to come in and upload and print the program for you. It's going to be far cheaper and quicker than begging, borrowing, or stealing.