Siemens APACS, PCS 7 & S7 400

lucifer

somebody please tell me what is the difference betweenn Siemens APACS & PCS 7.............also what are the advantages & disadvantages of APACS Vs S7 300 & S7 400

also the suitable scada for APACS except WinCC

Looks like APACS is something that Siemens acquired from Moore technologies.
It has really NOTHING to do with the rest of the Siemens world of automation. Hardware, software, networking, programming is all different.

There seems to be a new version called PCS7/APACS+ that looks like a way to migrate from existing APACS systems.

Advantages/differences is not for me to decide.

Hi Jeseper,
Currently I am working on APACS.........till now i I haven't seen the hardware but the software program edotor '4 mation' is really premitive. I am having 4.33 MBus version which has almost DOS like interface but the software seems to offer great functionality compling IEC 61131-3 & offers User defined Function blocks also.........but i don't get really from where to start

comment

You really need to talk to your local Siemens distributor.
Problem is that APACS is not so common in the Siemens universe.
Maybe there is an APACS integrator with experience from the time it was with Moore technologies.