Simple Omron timer question

Currently programming an Omron PLC and using a few timers. Just need to know something simple...

Since omron doesn't have a timer timing(TT) bit like AB, you have to check if the timer is timing like so: if NOT TIM001

which means, if the timer is not done, which would mean that it's timing....

but i'm wondering will that also be true if the timer ISN'T timing? Like if the timer hasn't even been executed yet?

AB has TT and the DN bit, with OMRON I can only check if the DN bit is on or off?

IE in Omron: AN TIMER001 OTE OUT1

I would want this code to only energize OUT1 when TIMER 001 is timing, but would it also turn on OUT1 when TIMER 001 hasn't even been started yet?

If you want to know if the timer runniing.Like Ebable bit in AB
Put another bit in parallel with the timet.
Its will look like that.
Ld(timer start condition)Tim 1 #10
Ld(timer start condition)out(bit 0)

LD To Out(timer done)

You can build the same bits with logic.

Having difficulty attaching image.
Will try again.

Helps when you read ALL the instructions!
Here you go:

Timer_AB_Bits1.jpg

Last edited: