Simatic S7 V4.1

LordError

We have siemens S7 V4.1 installed in PG, then the hard drive fails after sometimes and eventually we lost our authorization. We ask for another authorization from siemens, its still on the go. Some say that S7 will run even if without authorization. Is it possible that this version of S7 will run even without authorization. I tried to install it to another PC without authorization but a message will appear telling me that it found no authorization then the program quits. I start Simatic S7 over again, still to no avail. How can i run this without authorizaton, please help. Thanks.

LordError

The ability to run without authorization isn't available until V5.0. The 14 day emergency authorization should still be on the authorization disk, you can use that until your original is recovered.

Ask you local Siemens person for a copy of Step7 5.2 trial package. Don't install the supplied key then you can use the software without key as long as you don't care for a nag screen to pop up from time to time. It got me by until I could get a replacement key.

Good luck
Runderwood