S7-1200 to redlion

Jezz

Hi All,
quick question I got a S7-1200 talking to a redlion G310, and I could do with being able to set some timer values on The S7-1200 from the screen is there an easy way to do this ?

I'm using Siemens S7 TCP/IP Master with TIA S7 Tag Import to import the tags I know that doesn't support time variables

I don't know Siemens PLCs at all, but I would think you could work around the problem by making use of the tag types that are supported with some PLC logic to copy the values to and from the actual timer addresses.

This is my standard practice for A/B PLCs anyway. I block off a group of integers and floats exclusively for use with the HMI which also makes for more efficient communications.

Thats what I was thinking , I'm new to the siemens but I was hoping there might be a easy work around

Are you using standard timers? Or the legacy S7 (not sure if that is possible..)

Try to declare the tags as DINT and set time at ms resolution.

The IEC timers use mSecs as standard resolution.
Also, see if the "optimized" "non-optimized" DB setup makes a difference if you do use DB's.