FactoryTalk Run Time not working at Industrial PC

harrykenkeen

Dear Members,
Please help me for this issue. I created FactoryTalk Runtime file Version 7 file at my laptop with FT Studi Ver.7. This runtime file working fine and communicating with PLC at the ME Station at my laptop. But when I transfer this runtime file to HMI (Industrial PC with ME Station Ver. 9), it didn't communicate with PLC.
How to solve this problem. Thanks.

Regards,

First, of course, verify that your target PC has a correctly configured IP address and can connect to the PLC controller by other means like PING and HTTP.

I always create a display in my FTView applications with thebFT Diagnostic list object, so I can see any error or status messages.

Are there any useful error messages ?

Be sure you have configured the runtime comms configuration correctly and created the MER file afterwards, so the MER contains the RSLimx Enterprise configuration.

I realizede that you said the test Runtime works on your development PC, but it's always worth double checking.

Have you configured the remote topic correctly? There is a separate target for the Target system to the Local (testing) environment. Normally you would copy the Local config to the Target before building the runtime.

If you are running FTV version 9 on the industrial PC then you need to create a version 9 runtime file (mer file).
The version 7 file you have created will only run on version 7 of FTV.

Alan

Thanks Ken & Geoff for the response.
Yes, the runtime file (ver. 7) was working fine at development PC ME Station Ver. 7.
Currently the target PC is working fine with existing Runtime file (ver 9). But because I want to edit the graphics, I requested the vendor to downgrade to ver. 7 as my FT Studio only ver. 7.
Is there any issue that the runtime file ver. 7 can't work at ME Station ver. 9?
Or is it just a terminal setting issue?

Thanks,
Harry

Thanks Alan,
I have the S/N and product key of Version 7 only, is there any way that I can upgrade to FTV ver. 9. I try to download at RA website, but only showing until ver. 7.
Regards.

Your eligibility for software upgrades depends on your support contract with Rockwell.

I'm not sure if a FTView ME v9 stytem will successfully open and run a Runtime file from an earlier system.

PanelView Plus terminals typically can; I can take a v4 Runtime file and open it on any newer PV+ terminal. That is by design.

But "backward migration" has never been a strong suit for FactoryTalk. I don't know how a customer with a v9 installation was able to send a project file to be edited by someone with only FTView Studio v7.

Industrial PC and rockwell in VM connection

Dear all,

I have a PLC and SIS program that are simulated with the emulator.
In the other hand I added them in the communication setup and the device with the right ethernet adress (but not the right reference for the industrial pc I choosed a random panelview) in FTview studio and created a runtime. I then copied the runtime in the industrial pc.

when I open the runtime in my pc and simulate the program it works but in the industrial pc it doesn't. Can you please help me figure where the problem is ?

PS: when I ping to the adress the VM find it
Thanks,