You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 30th, 2018, 08:05 AM   #1
JustinHendo
United States

Thumbs up Making an X-Y Plot in FactoryTalkView ME10.0

Hello,

I'm trying to build an X-Y Scatter plot in FactoryTalkView ME 10.0. The only options for charts I've come across using the program have been Time-Trends.

Has anyone successfully built an X-Y Plot in FactoryTalkView ME before? I have been exploring using the ActiveX controls but they're not super intuitive, even after watching the Rockwell videos on the subject.

I should say the thing that makes this a little more difficult than the average project is: I am using a GE Rx3i controller, communicating to Rockwell software and eventually to a PanelViewPlus Performance through Kepware 5.19 running a GE Ethernet driver. Therefore we are using Symbolic Variables (pulling the tag information from the names in the PLC Program rather than creating tags in FTView to poll for data) so the Tags don't directly exist in FTView.

Any help would be appreciated, but I guess let's start with a successful X-Y plot, no matter what kind of tags or variables you were using. I just want to know if it's possible and we can go from there Thanks!

Old April 30th, 2018, 08:59 AM   #2
chopin
United Kingdom

Have you tried selecting XY Plot in the thernd properties general tab?

XY plot
Select this option to plot each pen against a selected pen, which serves as the X-axis.
If you select this option, select a pen for the X-axis from the X-Axis pen box.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (25.1 KB, 47 views)
Old April 30th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #3
JustinHendo
United States

I haven't, mostly because it's not super intuitive to me.

I have a table to plot using the following coordinates, and I can't quite figure out how to, in one pen, enter an X and a Y value to give the plot a point to graph.

Cartesian Coordinates: (0,20), (5,1000), (10,1500)

X = 0 , Y=-20
X = 5, Y=1000
X = 10, Y=1500
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:00 AM   #4
chopin
United Kingdom

An example that it is possible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (31.3 KB, 31 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum