You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 1st, 2018, 07:18 AM   #1
anthr_plcnewbie
Canada

JagXtreme EDS Files

I have a production line where we have several scales on Controlnet back to a L55 Controllogix. All of them were JagXtremems. One of them went bad and we replaced it with a IND570. I can find pretty good documentation for IND570 and setup and ran the scale on ControlNet to a test processor on the test bench.
I am having trouble with the JagExtreme. When I go online to the controller on the production line and browse over Controlnet using RSNetworx, it just gives a bunch of 'question marks' for Jags because I do not have EDS file and I just can't find them anywhere on the internet.
Would there be issues if I scheduled the controlnet network with no EDS file for the Jags and added the new IND570 node for which I did download and install EDS file? I don't want to screw up the current system.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:53 AM   #2
thingstodo
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthr_plcnewbie View Post
Would there be issues if I scheduled the controlnet network with no EDS file for the Jags and added the new IND570 node for which I did download and install EDS file? I don't want to screw up the current system.
I have never tried this.

That said, I have added to a controlnet schedule while missing some EDS files for the existing devices. I added the new devices, then used the Merge option, which appears to add scheduled data to the end of the existing schedule.

If you have some extra hardware - and if you don't you should likely get some - I would go online, upload the controlnet, save to a file, load it into your spare hardware, and experiment there. Verify that you can talk to one of the Jags (perhaps on a down day) and add your IND570, merge the changes, verify that it still talks to the Jag, etc

If you can't swing the hardware cost - and who can - your local Rockwell supplier should be able to lend you a demo case for a week that has a controllogix (likely newer than the L55), a controlnet card, and some coax jumpers that have proper terminations. They will not likely have a lot of demand for that sort of demo case any more.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum