High Speed Counter (Siemens)

Big_Robo

Hi everyone, I am having some trouble with this counter and programming it correctly.

The machine it is installed onto I believe this counter is a little overkill. All i want it to do is start a count with an input and when it reaches a set value turn off an output (its for a grease pump).

I have looked at a few examples but they are just making me even more confused. I was going to just take the counter out but they are positive they want to use this module.

Any advice would be appreciated.

What are the part numbers?

An yes, I guess it's counting shots every time it loads grease. High speed does seem overkill, I imagine a normal DI would be sufficient.

Part Number - 6ES7 522-1BH10-0AA0

It is massively over kill just like you said. A normal counter would have done the job but not for these guys, in all honesty I have never come across this counter before and have no idea where to even begin.

Wow... that does seem overkill.

Once you add the module in, you can configure a few things, but most importantly you have the mode. I haven't dug into the Manual operation but if you put the config under technology object, you can then use the High_Speed_Counter FB to interface and configure the module.

Edit:

This manual refers the address space in case you want to control it manually.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ownload=true&usg=AOvVaw2mkarka2i6RDquABiSEsLV

Last edited:
Wow... that does seem overkill.

Once you add the module in, you can configure a few things, but most importantly you have the mode. I haven't dug into the Manual operation but if you put the config under technology object, you can then use the High_Speed_Counter FB to interface and configure the module.

Edit:

This manual refers the address space in case you want to control it manually.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ownload=true&usg=AOvVaw2mkarka2i6RDquABiSEsLV

Thank you so much for the reply, I will have a deeper look into this when I get chance.

I've used the ET 200sp version of that and I believe they're quire similar in configuration.

Are you using it with s7-1200 or s7-1500? The hardware configuration differs for the two and the latter being a bit easier as it can be added using.

Let me know which CPU you are using and which TIA version and I will post a small program sample.

Here are my notes form my last project:

Module configuration and parameterization:
The information is spread out over four different manuals:

-109745386_2SpeedPositioning_DOC_v10_en.pdf ( an application example with lot of cod errors in it)

-et200sp_tm_posinput_1_manual_en-US_en-US.pdf

-s71500_counting_measuring_function_manual_en-US_en-US.pdf

-109482396_LPD_Library_of_PLC_Datatypes_DOCU_v11_en.pdf

There are two different sets of parameters that can be set:

Address Space:

Here you find two sets of parameters, Control interface and Feedback interface.

We can define Process image of inputs as the control interface and process image of outputs as feedback interface.

Parameter Data records:

Depending on the module there will be various data records that can be written to or read from the module at runtime using WWREC or RDREC

The parameters can also be downloaded to the module using TIA configuration.

To use TM Count with a Technology module:

Go to the module properties> TM Count>Operating Mode and select: Operating with technology object "Counting and measurement"

Then in the project tree, double click on >Technology Objects>Ad new object and select : Counting and measurement and configure the module that way.

To use TM Count without a technology object and specifically with s7-1200 CPU:

Right click on the module and select "Parameters".

Select : Manual operation (without technology object).

Set the rest of the parameters.

Last edited:
Hi thank you so much for all the replies, this forum and the people are amazing.

I have a 1500 cpu and V14 or V15 portal software.

I'm going to load up my software tomorrow and go through what you have written. Thank you all so much