existing Kinetix 6000 motion group drive swap

mike3475

Good morning guys:
we suspect one of the drive in the motion group may have issue, we want to swap the drive.
we have compact guardlogix controller L71S and L7SP with M08SE.
there are 6 drives in the motion group (Kinetix 6000).
one: 2094-BC01-MP5-S
five: 2094-BMP5-S
we want to swap between 2094-BMP5-S.
how to swap them? we have to do the comfiguration or just plug and play?
thanks!

Good morning guys:
we suspect one of the drive in the motion group may have issue, we want to swap the drive.
we have compact guardlogix controller L71S and L7SP with M08SE.
there are 6 drives in the motion group (Kinetix 6000).
one: 2094-BC01-MP5-S
five: 2094-BMP5-S
we want to swap between 2094-BMP5-S.
how to swap them? we have to do the comfiguration or just plug and play?
thanks!

Swaping to the same drive should be plug and play. If you're trying to swap a 2094-BC01-MP5-S to 2094-BMP5-S (not sure if that's what you are asking), you will need to re-configure.

Also, you may not need to swap the entire drive. You can swap the "power" or the "control" module portions of it.

we want to swap the whole drive between those five same drive :2094-BMP5-S.
since we suspect that the control module may have issue, does plug and play work when we swap the whole drive?
thanks!

we want to swap the whole drive between those five same drive :2094-BMP5-S.
since we suspect that the control module may have issue, does plug and play work when we swap the whole drive?
thanks!

Yes, it should be plug and play. However, if you think the control module is defective, you should be able to just swap it. In other words, the drive comes in two pieces: drive & control module. It would save you a lot of money to replace just the control module.

NOTE: Depending if this is a "main" module, you may need to enter the same address as the one you replaced. It should be a dial on the front plate...

Good luck.