S7 Licence Problem

seppoalanen

Hi !

S7-manager 5.3 loss Licence last Tuesday in the middle of the session with PLC. S7-programs send pop-up windows for set off every time when saving, downloadin (twice) and with some interwall. Sometimes there are 3 popups in same time. After popup set off S7 changes view from backroud to foregroud etc...... nice...

License Manager can stil transfer Licence from HD to Floppy and vice versa in same PC. So I think HD must be ok. I have uninstalled everything where have label "Siemens", "Simatic", "S7", ProT... etc.
I have cleaning regisry, \WINNT...foldes, defrag. HD, viruschecked, re-installed etc. And situation is the same than before all of that.
Everything else in laptop works very well.

Event-log says: page-file have overflowed at the moment when it happened. Siemens says: Page-file must be at last 500M when there are 256MB of RAM. There was 800MB-pagefile, so 500MB is not enough !

I have called Siemens tech.support on Wednesday. I'm still waiting............the advice........

I'm in the "Simatic Licence-Hell". Dear frends, what can I do ?

Ps. I have installed everything to desktop and S7 works there.

After the latest installations of software my PLC-SIM v5.0 now displays a nog screen, and thats even when the license reports as OK by AuthorsW :confused:

Maybe this can help you:
I believe that the license manager writes a file to this directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\uhl\Application Data\Microsoft\******\RSA\S-1-5-21-1339431025-2079480142-1905203885-3704
The thing is that there is a limit to how many files are allowed in there. Try to erase a lot of the oldest files.
But the above did NOT fix my problem !

I will get a new PC soon, so I hope that this problem (and a few others) will disappear when I have installed all the software packages from scratch.

Don't refuse his offer just yet!...

You never know, Seppo may live in bear country and must pay the bears to let you pass... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

Seppo here is the answer from siemens finland when I had the same problem. (in finnish)
Lisenssiongelmassa on esiintynyt todella yksi tunnettu ongelma, joka on ratkennut sillä että polusta:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Loggausnimi>\Application Data\Microsoft\******\S-1-5.....\
tuhotaan kaikki yli kaksi päivää vanhemmat tiedostot.
Siihen on varmaan tulossa parannus.

Juha Kumpulainen
Siemens Osakeyhtiö
I&S CSS

I also have problems that the STL/FBD/LAD-editor crashes without any warning and all changes are lost! Also the new version doesn´t update the screen when you make changes you have to press F5 to get the changes visible. Also I made a block with three timers two was OK but in the third timer box (symbol) all the info was empty (all fields were empty)? when you change from FBD to lAD then they are visible when you change back the same problem.

Also if you make a change in a DB (save the block and so on) and try to use the new field in the program it says the field is not a memeber of DBxx even if you can finde the field in the list.
When I called siemens they about this they told me it´s my computers fault, even if it worked fine with the older version, they don´t want to admit that the new update has faults AGAIN.. I told them that their updates are looking like microsoft windows..

nif,
my STL/FBD/LAD-editor crashes occasionally as well.
I have found that it is much more frequent if I leave the symbol editor open. Appearantly the problem has to do with that STEP7 updates the symbol list when you change symbols from inside the STL/FBD/LAD-editor.
So for safety I close the STL/FBD/LAD-editor when I open the symbol list and vice-versa.

Also if you make a change in a DB (save the block and so on) and try to use the new field in the program it says the field is not a memeber of DBxx even if you can finde the field in the list.

I've had this problem as well. Usually, (but I've a feeling, not always) if you try to store your program, after the error message because of the apparent fault, the program will recognise the new DB entry. Apparently S7 refreshes its memory at this point.

Cheers

Roy

Re: Don't refuse his offer just yet!...

Eric Nelson said:
You never know, Seppo may live in bear country and must pay the bears to let you pass... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

Hi Eric !

Here is very confused situation since last summer, someone have seen
some animal somewhere, probably bear or lion. Nowbady can't take risk go out. Mayby Nato will send some forces to Finland, but they don't konow where the Finland is. EU has conservated all animals here, becourse we are very far from Brussels and so they don't make any harm there. EU has made also standard for the strawberry size and colour. I don't know can I eat my strawberrys, becourse they are very small.

-Seppo

nif said:

When I called siemens they about this they told me it´s my computers fault, even if it worked fine with the older version, they don´t want to admit that the new update has faults AGAIN.. I told them that their updates are looking like microsoft windows..

Kiitos Niklas,

If my ladder (or what ever) program is open same time i edit the DB and save it, I must save open ladder before I editing new DB-member to it.

Ps. in my laptop ware more than 9000 psc 47-bytes long files and lastones timestamp was exatly the 'tilting' time.

-Seppo

crashes

A little birdy working for a well known company we all know told me that you will all need 2 Gig of memory for things to function properly with the new S7 progs and WinCC F.

regards
Richard Christian

Very happy that I now refuse to quote on a job that specifies Siemens.

RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!