You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 1st, 2018, 10:00 AM   #1
JohnOK
Ireland

L23E to 1400 comms problem

I have a problem communicating between a 1400 and a L23E. I got a call that one of our systems had gone down and needed the program reloaded. I called to the site and had a quick look. The 1400 was in error so I switched from remote to program and plugged into it. I couldn’t access the program so I downloaded a copy I got from the server. When I switched to run more everything happened as it should have so I switched to remote and left the site.
The next day I got another call from the same site telling me that the 1400 was not doing anything and the operator have to run the pumps manually. I went back to the site and connected again. This time I was able to get online without downloading the program. I found an error (hex) ‘e6’ in both the send and receive message. I started scrolling through the HMI screens and noticed that none of the readings from the main PLC were showing on the HMI. Only the values set in the less than commands in the code were displaying. The values that are coming from the main PLC should be displayed and not the values that are stored in memory.
It would appear that the main PLC is not communicating any data with the 1400 and all I can find out is that the error is an e6, does anyone know what this is? I saw this come up before in a previous post on this site but I cant find the fix for it, can anyone help out?
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:23 AM   #2
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

"E6H -Target Node responded with: Illegal Address - address does not exist or does not point to something usable by this command."

Did you have to change any of the ethernet port settings when you downloaded the program? If so, you must power cycle the Micrologix.

Tell us more about how the messages and associated ports are set up.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:46 AM   #3
JohnOK
Ireland

The IP settings in the code from the server were 192.168.1.40 and on the network the IP address is 10.10.10.x. I had to change the IP in the code before I downloaded the program.
The message on write side tells the L23E that the 1400 is ready. The read side tells the 1400 what pumps to turn on and what readings to display on the HMI. I've attached a snapshot of the message code to this post along with the error screenshot.
Hope they help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Errore6.jpg (66.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg e6.jpg (32.3 KB, 10 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum