S7 - Multiplex Variables in ProTool Pro

RMA

I've found the Multiplex Variable function in ProTool very useful (even if it did take me an age to learn how to use it - typical Siemens!), however, I never did manage to find a way of multiplexing output signals - for example the output of a push button on the screen to operate Relay x in Module nn, where nn is the current picture's index number.

I solved the problem simply by setting a Bit in a DB and then scanning the DB with an FC using the index number to identify the required module. It works, but it's not very elegant and it doesn't make it any easier for somebody else to maintain the stuff later on.

Does any body know definitively whether it is possible to directly multiplex the output from a button in this way? Or, alternatively, can anybody state definitively that it's not possible, so that I stop wasting time trying to fathom out how to do it!!!

Last edited: