Static electricity help

2004sk4

Is there any product available that can limit the amount of static electricity generated by 23000 colors and 15000 cottons that are on a loom. The problem the static causes is the drop wires(which tell when a cotton or color it out) are induced with voltage which cut the loom off.

We were told some kind of deinonizer would work but we need one that will cover a 15 foot wide grid.

kevin

2004sk4 said:
Is there any product available that can limit the amount of static electricity generated by 23000 colors and 15000 cottons that are on a loom. The problem the static causes is the drop wires(which tell when a cotton or color it out) are induced with voltage which cut the loom off.

We were told some kind of deinonizer would work but we need one that will cover a 15 foot wide grid.
kevin

It called WATER. :)

Back when I worked in injection molding, we used Simco ionizing blowers to eliminate the static charge on CD jewel cases. They have static control bars that may be appropriate for your application... :confused:

They just so happen to be available up to 15' long as well!... (y)
🍻

-Eric

For film overwrapping operations - I use a unit known as the "Meach" static eliminator - a little high voltage unit and a set of fingers , works very well .

www.meech.com