Remote Racks in GE Rx3i

steelman

I'm new to the GE Rx3i platform, up to this point most work has been Allen Bradley. I've got to add remote i/o racks to GE Rx3i controller rack. What are the options, and cards necessary?

You should get with your local rep, dist. or AE for details and part numbers and costs.
Depending on distance and quantity of I/O you have 3 options.
1. Legacy Local Expansion racks (max 8), to 50 feet. (90-30 style I/O only)
2. Legacy Expansion Racks (max 8), to 750 feet. (90-30 style I/O only)
3. Ethernet Network Interface Unit (ENIU max > 8), length = way out there. (Uses RX3i high speed racks with any I/O)
HTH

Last edited:

Similar Topics

What is involved in Profinet comms to remote racks? Is it easier to use than Modbus comms? With Modbus I need to open and close comms for reads...
Replies
Views
Hi im new to the emulator and im woundering how you test a program with a remote rack .have not been able to find any info in the manual about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I design control systems where I use 24 VDC I/O. I always try to make my E-Stop circuit hard-wired (not relying on logic inside the PLC to...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, I'm helping to design a ControlLogix system in which we have 3 racks of I/O. Am I correct in my assumption that in each rack of...
Replies
Views
I have a system that is controlled by 3 compact logix processors and i/o at each rack. This is a very large machine that has a lot of point i/o...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom