micro logic 1200

jtashaffer

When wiring up a AB MICRO LOGIC 1200 that is 120volts, what does the com mean? (120v positive or neutral).

you should be wiring the VAC(L1) to 120vac. and attaching the neutral to VAC (neut). Also attaching the ground to the ground symbol. The vac(L1) and vac(neut) are right next to eachother.. above the ground symbol

if your talking about the Com 0, Com 1 .. those are for digital inputs
and if thats what you are talking about.. it can be either...depending on model.

with 24vdc I think there is sinking, and sourcing.
with 120vac inputs..they goto neutral

Last edited:
ya that model is 120ac supply .. with AC Com0 going to input 0 thru 3.. AC Com1 input 4 thru 7... AC Com2 input 8 thru 23.. All coms shoule be hooked to neutral

when writing a program on a micro logix 1200 (1762-l40AWA) what should the inputs adderess be I:1/0 to I:1/23? and the outputs be O:1/0 to O:1/15?

The inputs and outputs on the main unit are I:0/xx and O:0/xx.

Don't be misled by the number of inputs and outputs shown for those in the RSLogix data table. It shows many more than actually exist. Just note your actual number of inputs and outputs on the main unit. IT WON'T WARN YOU IF YOU USE THE OTHERS but they behave just like internal bits.

Any add-on modules use the slot number as you would expect.

Thanks, I thought it was I:1/0 and so on. I will have relabel all those wires. Good thing I don't have the panel done yet.

I am sending a micro 1200 to a remote site but the problem is the existing unit has expansion cards on it, when I load the program it goes to fault. Is there a way of being able to send it and have it be able to boot up when connected?
cheers
paul

I am sending a micro 1200 to a remote site but the problem is the existing unit has expansion cards on it, when I load the program it goes to fault. Is there a way of being able to send it and have it be able to boot up when connected?
cheers
paul

It should boot without faulting as long as the proper I/O cards are installed in the field.

I like to set the Fault Override at Powerup bit S:1/8 in the offline file.

If you need to fake out the PLC for testing without the right cards, you can open the I/O configuration, double click each card and check the box for "ignore configuration error". This will allow you to run the PLC with missing cards. Just be sure to uncheck those boxes and download again when you are done if you want the system to fault in the field if an expansion card goes bad.

I am not sure if the unit will go into RUN mode automatically, unless you set bit S:1/12. I've never had to send one to a customer to install preprogrammed without the right modules.