You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 21st, 2020, 12:38 AM   #1
akosimalakas
Philippines

Micrologix 1200 to PLX51-df1-eni router

Guys, need help.

How am I going to use this MSG instruction in RS Logix 500 to communicate in PLX51-df1-eni router.

I already configured the df1 router and its already present in RS-linx.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (95.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (45.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (44.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Capture3.PNG (48.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by akosimalakas; November 21st, 2020 at 12:45 AM. Reason: additional information
Old November 21st, 2020, 01:10 AM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

What is your application; are you trying to read or write data from another SLC/MicroLogix family controller on Ethernet, or a ControlLogix/CompactLogix family controller ?

Are you asking for help on configuring and triggering an MSG instruction in ladder logic, or on configuring the DF1 Station address -> IP Address routing in the Prosoft device ?
Old November 21st, 2020, 01:17 AM   #3
akosimalakas
Philippines

thank you for your reply sir, I already configured the prosoft device. the problem is I cannot communicate the ML1200 to prosoft df-1 router because it doesn't appear in rs-linx. so maybe I need the MSG instruction in order to communicate in prosoft device.

I need to read data in ML1200 using PLX51-DF1-ENI to send it in scada.

Last edited by akosimalakas; November 21st, 2020 at 01:22 AM.
Old November 21st, 2020, 01:54 AM   #4
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

You definitely do not need MSG instructions to communicate with your MicroLogix from a SCADA system.

The configuration of the PLX router looks correct, and it does appear in RSLinx as an Ethernet device. It's the DF1 port and connected MicroLogix that do not appear.

What sort of cable are you using between the PLX router and the MicroLogix ? Does the COMM LED on the MicroLogix ever flicker when you browse the PLX router in RSLinx, suggesting that packets are moving between the PLX and the MicroLogix ?

You might also try configuring the MicroLogix Channel 0 serial port for Source ID =1 instead of 8. While most DF1 Full Duplex Point-to-Point implementations ignore the Source and Destination station numbers, it might be that the PLX router expects the MicroLogix to have DF1 station address = 1.
Old November 21st, 2020, 02:44 AM   #5
akosimalakas
Philippines

the cable I use to communicate the DF1 router to micrologix 1200 is 1761-CBL-PM02,SER.C
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum