You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 20th, 2020, 10:39 PM   #1
supaportagee
United States

Ge-Fanuc 90-20 PLC

Hello, I have a machine with a Ge-Fanuc 90-20 PLC that was recently moved to a new building and now is not working. The program is OK but a sensor or something silly is causing the machine to not work.

I have Proficy ME but I think this PLC needs Logicmaster which I do not own or know how to use. I think I am going to upgrade this PLC now but was hoping to upload the ladder logic so I can copy it to the new PLC.

Can someone confirm if Proficy ME can upload the program from the PLC? Is there a way with a new software to convert this program to be used on a new PLC? If I find a copy of Logicmaster can it print the ladder logic? (as this is a DOS program). And if I do upload or print the program, it will not have labels so is it even worth the hassle to get the current program off this old PLC?

Im a newbie so any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Old November 21st, 2020, 02:19 PM   #2
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

I don't think Proficy Machine Edition is compatible with the 90-20. When I create a new PLC project in Proficy I don't see the 90-20 as an option for the CPU.

Send me another PM with your email address and I'll send you Logicmaster. Unless you also have VersaPro. The VersaPro installation CD has Logicmaster on it. Logicmaster can produce a text file of your ladder logic with no variable descriptions or rung comments.

Last edited by Steve Bailey; November 21st, 2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old November 21st, 2020, 07:29 PM   #3
Bit_Bucket_07
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaportagee View Post
And if I do upload or print the program, it will not have labels so is it even worth the hassle to get the current program off this old PLC?
If you can identify which devices are connected to which IO points, then you can reverse engineer the documentation from that.