You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 19th, 2020, 03:22 PM   #1
alive15
United States

Book 1784-PCMK/B driver files

Good afternoon all, does anyone have the driver download or driver files for the old 1784-PCMK/B DH+/DH-485 ? Need to connect to an old SLC 5/03, but for some reason, the driver has gone missing on my computer. I uninstalled driver and reinstalled, but it cannot find the files. Sure enough, I don't see it in the PnP driver folder in the RSLinx directory. Could anyone share the install files with me? Thanks!!!
Old November 19th, 2020, 03:44 PM   #2
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Try the download

https://compatibility.rockwellautoma...yword=Firmware
Attached Images
File Type: png down.png (38.4 KB, 55 views)
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more...OEM and aftermarket supplies... Aftermarket 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+, new USB to 485 modbus
Old November 19th, 2020, 03:51 PM   #3
alive15
United States

I downloaded those files, but it doesn't include anything for windows 7? Also, once I have all the files, am I supposed to extract the one I need into the RS Linx folder?

I've used this card before on my computer, but unsure which files are the correct one and where to move?
Old November 20th, 2020, 07:01 AM   #4
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
I've used this card before on my computer
Are you sure? I think you have your cards mixed up or your PC, I doubt you will find a W7 laptop with a PCMCIA slot, they were too many years apart
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more...OEM and aftermarket supplies... Aftermarket 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+, new USB to 485 modbus
Old November 20th, 2020, 09:10 AM   #5
Operaghost
United States

So I've used Windows 7 computers with the PCMCIA slot and this card. If I recall, you had to use the Win2K driver. There never was a Windows 7 driver. I've attached a driver from an older version (2.54) of RSLinx. That is the last one I see that had those drivers.

OG

EDIT: And the laptops we were using originally had XP. I upgraded them to W7 and eventually to W10. The PCMK was not happy with W10 but worked perfectly in W7.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PCMK Driver.zip (25.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Operaghost; November 20th, 2020 at 09:16 AM.
Old November 20th, 2020, 09:22 AM   #6
Operaghost
United States

Oh, and the download suggestion from geniusintraining has that same file I included. Though there they call it "1784-PCMK_Win2k_XP.zip". I downloaded it just to be sure. Though mine appears to be slightly newer, which is odd.

OG
Old November 20th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #7
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operaghost View Post

EDIT: And the laptops we were using originally had XP. I upgraded them to W7 and eventually to W10. The PCMK was not happy with W10 but worked perfectly in W7.
I am with you on that, they would work on the 32bit but once it was a 64bit they would not work, I think the early versions of W7 were 32bit but later were 64bit
Old November 20th, 2020, 10:13 AM   #8
alive15
United States

My PCMCIA card was the issue, I used another card and it downloaded the drivers. Would not have thought the card itself would have prevented the laptop from finding the driver on my computer? Seems weird, but switching cards was the solution.

Thanks for all the help!!!
Old November 20th, 2020, 11:27 AM   #9
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by alive15 View Post
My PCMCIA card was the issue, I used another card and it downloaded the drivers. Would not have thought the card itself would have prevented the laptop from finding the driver on my computer? Seems weird, but switching cards was the solution.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Glad you got it working and thanks for the update!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum