Honeywell DCS Prfoibus IO Mapping

toddster900

Hi All

I am currently working on a project using Honeywell Experion and am trying to map some Profibus IO that is being brought back over an SST card. I have successfully added the Profibus Interface block and a Profibus Device block for each Profibus module. Each Profibus module equates to 20 bytes of data containing several control or status words from a CPU in an MCC.

However at this point I think I have gone a bit wrong. I am trying to map two bits from a status word and one bit from a control word. To do this I have used a Profibus Input/Output Channel block for each bit.

Is this incorrect? I now suspect I may just need one Profibus Input Channel block for the status word and one for the control word. Is this the case and if so how do I then access the bits I require?

Thanks in advance!