MicroLogix 1400 Generic Message

ras_roger

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to create a message in a Micrologix 1400 to read a value from a Yaskawa drive. I have working examples to a CompactLogix that I have done in the past and it works well. I keep getting invalid data type when I enter this in a Micro. I need to read a single 16 bit word. In the CompactLogix I am reading to a tag that is configured as a Integer. In the MicroLogix I am trying to read to N7:70. 2 bytes make a 16 bit word? It seems simple but I am missing something....

Problem solved... Used the wrong data type used the RI instead of a RIX for extended routing......

The RI versus RIX difference confused the heck out of me last time I did a MicroLogix 1400 application, because I was doing both native A-B messaging (RI) and Modbus/TCP messaging (RIX).

A highlighter and a sticky note, combined with a fresh cup of coffee, eventually resolved the issue.

Thanks for posting the followup !

RI vs RIX

Hi,Im having the same problem as above. But when I try to change from RI to RIX i get an error : invalid routing information file type.
I'm trying to interface a ML1400 ser. B as a client, to a Flintec load cell (server) unit via Modbus TCP. any help will be greatly appreciated!

My post has a serious mistake; Modbus/TCP uses RI type routing files, not RIX.

The prompt in the configuration window in RSLogix 500 is correct and my comment is incorrect.

RI vs RIX

No problem, im trying to access a register on the Flintec weighing system : 3000 (hex); signed 16 bit integer; R/W.

IN RSlogix 500 im using MG10:0
Channel: 1 (Integral, modbus TCP)
Modbus command: 03 (read holding registers)
Data table address: N7:0
Size in elements: 2 (if i enter 1 i get an error :bad parameter in msg reply packet, could not be processed by local processor)
Data: 16bit

MB data address: 12289
Unit id : 255 (i have also tried 1 and 0)
Modbus address: 412289
Routing info :RI11:0
IP address 192.168.10.12
port: 502

The result I get when senging this msg, is 8583 in N7:1 and 0 in N7:0 ??? Im new to Modbus and have been battling for days!